Logo

change filters ,plug injectors

piron

I have a Yamaha f 250 ,How often does changing fuel water separator and fuel filter cause a fuel injector to get parcially plugged up ?
If it is one in a million ,maybe that's what happened to my motor .

the motor ran very smooth until I took it to a shop , I got new spark plugs ,impeller ,New fuel/water separator .Now the motor runs ruff. I am wondering if somehow a piece of dirt some how got into a fuel injector and clogged it enough to make the motor ruff .... Did anybody ever replace a fuel filter and then the engine runs ruff ?

IT's quite possible a speck of dirt could get in an injector if filter area was not cleaned before filter was changed out,or a piece of degraded fuel hose, Iv'e always used brake clean first before disconnecting lines as a precaution

the motor ran very smooth until I took it to a shop , I got new spark plugs ,impeller ,New fuel/water separator .Now the motor runs ruff. I am wondering if somehow a piece of dirt some how got into a fuel injector and clogged it enough to make the motor ruff .... Did anybody ever replace a fuel filter and then the engine runs ruff ?

Highly unlikely, after a simple service for dirt to make it to the injector.

My guess, the guy who changed the spark plugs either did not gap them or dropped one while he was changing them. Possibly crossed a coil plug or left one unplugged or loose.

Back