Logo

200TL76S Diagnostic Informatioal-need advice

bluegill

Here is a piece of information I hope someone may be able to suggest/advice on next course of action. I have mentioned same on a previous thread and this is a followup.

I have attached a pdf file showing the diagnostic report written by the outboard technician a few days ago.
The report states the compression numbers, which are not too bad considering all. It says a new starter and new solenoid was installed and still no spark. Technician ends with the timer base & rectifier being bad but the real bad finding is: PARTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE !. This is the part that stopped me in my tracts. Now what? Of course you guys that know about such matters know these Items are available, somewhere.

My question is; do I buy these parts and take the motor to another mechanic? And show him the the "diagnostic report"? Or not? Any response is appreciated.

Bluegill in Stockton Ca

Attachments

• img20170109_10433252.pdf
    37.3 KB · Views: 26
Sometimes shops just do not want to work on older motors.-----------Fact----Owners of older motor will howl at the sight of a $600 repair bill on a $ 500 motor.----------Folks getting work done on a $ 50,000 boat will say " thank you very much " when they see a $ 600 repair invoice.

Hello Chris, thank you very much for your reply. As I mentioned before the reason the repairs did not move forward was because the technician stated "parts were not available" anymore". At that point I could not contradict the findings. I am not that experienced. Now I know better and yes, I also understand the cost effectiveness idea: Is the motor worth fixing? At this point I know the engine is not blown and the outside physical condition is like new and I bought for very little money. Yes it has possibilities but I still need a mechanice

What type of boat you installing it on??? Remember this is not a prop rated engine and more in the 165hp range...

Back