Logo

Mercury 2006 6HP 4-stroke shift lever replacement

NorthShore

Hi.

Can anyone provide some guidance on the steps to replace a broken shift lever. Apparently the motor was placed in the back of a truck and fell over in transit breaking the shift lever off. Model/Serial: 1F06201FK / 0R324498. I have a replacement lever but it's not a straight-forward looking repair. Well, not to me. :) I'm hoping to avoid having to purchase a service manual. Thanks in advance. Richard

I accidently posted this in the "Identify Model / Year / Horsepower" subforum first. I can't figure out how to delete it from there.

I have a replacement lever but it's not a straight-forward looking repair. I'm hoping to avoid having to purchase a service manual. Thanks in advance. Richard
For a manual just search online Merc part # 90-857138R1 then locate section 7A pages 7A-1 - 7A-6 which is the shift lever section.

I accidently posted this in the "Identify Model / Year / Horsepower" subforum first. I can't figure out how to delete it from there.
To reach the Admin, on the lower left side of the post there's a small report post icon you click on and let them know to remove the duplicated topic.

Thanks. Notified admins about other post.

Still having trouble finding the manual online. When I search here and Google I just find links to buy a manual. Hoping to avoid doing that.

You're welcome johnnygjr with the report icon info. Also you are correct that the service manuals available online don't work / link here on this web site so I was thinking NorthShore would/may have found it by searching the info provided without using the name of the actual website as that is prohibited here.

Back