Logo

Suzuki 75hp engine

RickArmstrong

I have a 75 hp engine that runs good at startup, then after a quarter mile the rpm drop to 2000 and wont pick back up. Any suggestions on what is wrong? Thanks in advance!

When I first crank it, it runs perfect for about a 1/4 mile then it drops to 2000 rm, but if I put it in neutral and turn the trottle up the rpm run wide open, as soon as i put it back in gear it drops back to 2000 rpm. Is there anyway I can check that it may be overheating?

First off do not run engine at full throttle at any time in neutral,parts will start flying apart, No load on engine!! Read post #2 again, Place hand in telltale stream, Can hand be held in stream indefinitely or hand be held on head for a six second count before fingers get burned. Is engine running to hot ? If she is engine will go into safe mode shutting down half the cylinders usually to protect engine and get you back to port. Racerone's comment was eluding to that senario about overheating. If there's a fuel restriction or weak fuel pump, pumping primer bulb will alleviate the issue of top end rpms

Back