Logo

03 90HP problem

aredrosefl

I have a 03 yamaha 90 hp. took boat out this morning and it started and just quit all of a sudden. it will start right back up but keeps quitting. changed fuel filter and spark plugs, still does it. 2 weeks ago it ran fine.
we saw a hose that looks like it plugs into something but cant find any place it might go....it comes from the inside of the foot somewhere. i looked that upand someone said it was a speedometer hose??
please help....we dont have money to dump into it right now :-(

Speedometer hose and has nothing to do with the way the motor runs.-----Start with a compression test.-------That costs Zero money to do.

My 90 hp had similar problem.changeing a 1 inch white plastic filter mounted on the back of the motor solved it. replaces a filter on the port side did not help

Has fuel/water separator been dumped into clear container,set overnight and examined for separation,contaminates. Is engine warmed up when this issue arises? How long was engine running when she shut off? What do plugs look like when she shuts off, black and sooty, wet,light tan,oil fouled,pure white?? Try pumping primer bulb to see if condition goes away,this would show a fuel restriction or a possible weak fuel pump. A little more history on engine might help us help you.

Back