Logo

50hp Parts Motor

Kiwitoo

I have an older Tohatsu M50C outboard that has been running fine. I know parts for these motors are getting harder to find. I've been looking at a non-running M50D which I understand is a three cylinder 50hp as opposed to the M50C which is a two cylinder engine. Are many parts interchangeable between these two engines?

Also, in looking for a parts motor, which Nissan/Tohatsu motors should I be on the lookout for?

Thank you so much for your assistance.

Yes, the D/D2 is a 3-cylinder. The C has better throttle response, owing to less mass, while the D/D2 is smoother, because of 50% more ignition strokes per revolution. Few pieces will interchange. Water pumps are different. WP kits for the C are NLA, but the bare impeller is a stock item. Carb kits are NLA, but a few individual bits may be available. Many parts from the 60A and 70A2 will fit.

Yes, the D/D2 is a 3-cylinder. The C has better throttle response, owing to less mass, while the D/D2 is smoother, because of 50% more ignition strokes per revolution. Few pieces will interchange. Water pumps are different. WP kits for the C are NLA, but the bare impeller is a stock item. Carb kits are NLA, but a few individual bits may be available. Many parts from the 60A and 70A2 will fit.

Thank you for the information.

Back