Logo

a minn kota on my sundolphin pro 102

Slimbo85

hey guys, hope im in the right area

never owned a trolling motor or a boat, so baby steps boys lol

looking for a trolling motor for my 102, is there a powerful enough model that will get me to 5 mph or more?

it will be my main source of power, am i able to use it for a long period of time on the highest setting? would it be a waste of money to get this battery? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006QH55YM/?tag=trolbattguide-20 (saw the battery on a review site and was rated #1, do i need to go that extreme for the way im trying to fish?

not to sure what my best option is...i realize my battery and trolling motor could be worth more than my boat ($1200 at the toronto boat show next month)

i like the idea of having it in my truck and going anywhere i want with the boat, taking a few secods to put the trolling motor on and fishing right away

thanks guys

I have that battery. Weighs a ton!
It's done very well for me on my Glastron GT 185 (3K empty) with the MG 55 I installed. Get's it over 4 per GPS in the calm. Has lasted pretty much all day for me except for against current or into persistent wind. Then too, not running flat out all day. Mostly 1 to 1-1/2. Going on it's 8th year 2017.

trollbat.jpgtrollmot.jpg

I have that battery. Weighs a ton!
It's done very well for me on my Glastron GT 185 (3K empty) with the MG 55 I installed. Get's it over 4 per GPS in the calm. Has lasted pretty much all day for me except for against current or into persistent wind. Then too, not running flat out all day. Mostly 1 to 1-1/2. Going on it's 8th year 2017.

View attachment 14641View attachment 14642

think the battery is overkill on a 10 footer?

think the battery is overkill on a 10 footer?

I can't say as I never had one. I'd check the loading limitations of you boat, what weights you'll put in it, and your weight dispersal options.
IMO, Better to have more than to not have enough!

I can't say as I never had one. I'd check the loading limitations of you boat, what weights you'll put in it, and your weight dispersal options.
IMO, Better to have more than to not have enough!

its nothing fancy, boat weights 150, i weight 220, after the mods and everything else in around 5 or 6 hundred pounds soaking wet in this thing lol

Back