Logo

Sears Clinton made 1968 3hp

BlavkoutBill21

Trying to get the correct settings for the high and low needles.
Motor runs but I'm having trouble getting it to idle. And it's shutting down at high speed.

Thanx in advance

Pull the fitting out of the fuel tank and clean the strainer. If it cannot be used just put in a inline filter to the carb and cut the strainer off. Then rebuild the carb or just clean it good as long as the float and needle and seat are working good. If you have the cork float lightly sand it smooth and let it gas off good then dunk it in a small dish full of model airplane clear fuel proof dope and let it dry for at least 24 hours.

Thanx for the response. I don't have a fur issue... it runs it just need the right settings on the high and low speed.
I'm currently posting the new video of the motor running great!

Found a a sweet spot I guess on the needles.

Make these adjustments on the water first adjust the slow needle for a smooth idle then take it WOT and adjust the high speed then back to slow and adjust the needle again. When adjusting turn the needle 1/8 turn and wait about five seconds for the crankcase to stabilize. You can preadjust in a barrel but it needs to be on the water to adjust the high speed properly.

Back