Logo

Need internal wiring help with old 12/24 brute

Jay0016

Looking for some insight on what the wiring diagram for the foot pedal of an older brute is. The previous owner took out the 12/24 switch and "hardwired it into 24v" currently it appears the solid red wire and orange wire are connected and a red with white swirl wire is disconnected. I would love to understand how to connect it in a 12 V fashion and if i use it in 24V do i need to connect the black and two red wires going to the plug in 12/24 fashion (ie: one red wire to battery 1 12v potential and wire #2 red to battery 2 12v potential) or should both red wires be run off the 24v potential off the positive of battery two? Sorry if it is hard to understand i want to say the motor is an early 80's im assuming they use pretty standard color codes throughout the years.

I have a picture of the foot pedal taken apart but am having trouble posting it through my phone.

I dont think it really matters all the two way switch does is switch batteries. If you want to switch between 12 and 24 volt just install the two way switch it only has one wire going to the speed switch I believe that is the orange wire. is yours a four or five speed?

I dont think it really matters all the two way switch does is switch batteries. If you want to switch between 12 and 24 volt just install the two way switch it only has one wire going to the speed switch I believe that is the orange wire. is yours a four or five speed?

It is a 5 speed without the switch installed if i connect the red and white wire instead of the red wire it should be the same as switching from 24v to 12v using the switch? Almost like a manual switch haha, are the switches easy to get these days? Ive looked for what model it is im not too sure i have the book but its for a couple different type motor guides copy right on the book says 1987

Back