Logo

1996 150 hp offshore mercury outboard voltage regulator part number

Blitz02

I'm hoping someone out there can help me.

I want to replace both voltage regulators on my 1996 150 hp offshore mercury outboard. I'm reasonably certain one or both are defective.

I'm going nuts trying to find the correct part and part number.

The local marina wants to charge $140 for the part ... Not installed. Seems the part shouldn't be that expensive ...

Suggestions and thoughts very much appreciated ... Thank you!
My email: [email protected]

welcome to the wonderful world of boating, Have you put voltmeter across battery terminals while running above 2500 rpms?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question, Chris!

I see that this part cost [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Roboto Regular, Geneva, Lucida Grande, Helvetica Neue, sans-serif]$142.67. Not cheap if I am replacing both on my motor.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Roboto Regular, Geneva, Lucida Grande, Helvetica Neue, sans-serif]I have found others on Amazon and EBay must less expensive - between $34-$44 dollars.

Here is a link to one:
[/FONT]https://www.amazon.com/Regulator-Rectifier-Connectors-Replaces-883072T2/dp/B00WL3M01G/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1481074190&sr=8-1&keywords=883072T2

It APPEARS to be the right one .... do you have any suggestions or thoughts on this???

That is a huge price difference!

THANK YOU SO MUCH again .... Rick

Yes, Johnny .... thats when it looks like it's charging well over 16V constantly .... I'm pretty sure that the regulators are at fault here ....

THANK YOU for answering!

Thanks Pappy!!!

I'm going to have to see if mine have the connectors or not .... thats a huge difference from what the local marina wants to charge and what CDI wants for theirs ....

Thanks for taking your valuable time to help me out ... I SO appreciate it!

Rick

I'm running one of CDI's units on my Merc triple, and it works fine. Also, I installed one on a customer's in-line six Merc, and he's happy with it as well--especially since his latest fish finder hasn't gone up in smoke like the last one!

Jeff

Back