Logo

5.0 mercruiser photos

burls

Contributing Member
I'm just about ready to put my 5.0 engine back in. To make sure l have everything routed correctly l would like to check against another one. Would someone be able to supply me with photos of all around their engine. I can supply email if that makes it easy.

BTW my boat is a 2100 regal bowrider

What year and carb or mpi. Can post 2004 vintage carb engine was 2 bbl and converted to edelbrock 4 bbl. anything specific you are concerned about?

I'll be in my storage unit this weekend where the boat is parked. It's a 2000 5.0L carb'd engine. As Dieter said, let us know what pictures you want.

KJ

Mine is a 1999 merc5.0 EFI electronic ignition

Any enginebay photos would be good. If you can manage one from each corner and side and top that would be great.

engine went in today so will spend the next few days tidying it up before testing.

Thanks Dieter, these photos will be a good start unfortunately yours is slightly different from mine. Looks like they had a few versions happening from all the images l have found.

If someone with an EFI version can post a photo to compare that would be great.
Motor is back in with 3/4 install done and moving along ok, l have managed to traced everything so far.

IMG_4467.jpg
Where does this go and what is it for

Attachments

• IMG_1317.jpg
    IMG_1317.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1319.jpg
    IMG_1319.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1320.jpg
    IMG_1320.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 40
Bottom one is plug wire holders, bolt on the bellhousing at 10 and 2 if the bellhousing were a clock and route the plug wires from the distributor around the back of the block and under the exhaust manifolds

could use some better pics of the other two the second one is that a cable or a hose? If it's a cable looks like a battery ground that would go on a stud that holds the bellhousing to block. If it's a hose I'd say fuel return or vacuum from fuel pressure regulator. Might check the parts diagrams on this site, nice parts break downs.

First one are the wires purple and green? Would download the wiring diagram and chase out the wire colors, not much to the engine harness.

Yeah 29'is the hose, not sure on the flame arrester where it fits, will look in the morning
l thought they were plug lead holders but wasn't sure where they went
the wiring diagrams will be of great assistance

thanks

Last edited:
IMG_4477.jpg
I took a better photo today, it has a blue and black wire to one side and a green and black wire to the other. Any clues?

Yep L think your onto something there, l have had the flame arrestor on so they have been hidden. Great pickup thanks

Just the hose from the fuel pump to possibly yet flame arrestor to go. Anyone know where it or how it attaches?

Why don't you post some picture of the hose end with out the tape, the flame arrestor and the throttle body. If this is hose #29 mentioned above I'm not sure if it is a vacuum supply to the fuel pressure regulator - which would look for a barb on the throttle body or manifold. or if it is a overflow incase the diaphragm ruptures in which case it would dump the fuel into the flame arrestor or throttle body.

What is the mercruiser engine number your working off?

Back