Logo

2007 Yamaha 90 2 stroke has RPM and the engine revs to max but boat not really moving

bigcoaxum

I took my boat out on Saturday for the first time in about 3 months. It's a 2007 Yamaha 90 2 stroke engine with very very very low hours. I have good rpm and everything was running the way that it should but i was only able to go about 10 mph while in full throttle. the lower unit is turning because the water make very good waves but the boat is not moving fast at all. what could this be? Please help.

Yes Take a felt marker and scribe a straight line from hub to prop. Test run in water,see if marks separate or misalign.

Use a permanent felt marker of a contrasting color , Or get a white UNI PAINT OPAQUE OIL BASED MARKER PX20 made by mitsubishi pencil. when dry will not come off

Use a permanent felt marker of a contrasting color , Or get a white UNI PAINT OPAQUE OIL BASED MARKER PX20 made by mitsubishi pencil. when dry will not come off

Can anyone tell me what type and size prop I have? I dont see any details on it anywhere.

Attachments

• FullSizeR1.jpg
    FullSizeR1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 31
  • FullSizeR.jpg
    FullSizeR.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 27
we can only guesstimate, What type of boat,size, weight,load onboard,cargo etc Normally diameter and pitch are stamped on the rear part,closest to motor of propeller. Diameter can be roughly measured with 2 straight edges and a tape measure,your yamaha dealer might have a ballpark figure

we can only guesstimate, What type of boat,size, weight,load onboard,cargo etc Normally diameter and pitch are stamped on the rear part,closest to motor of propeller. Diameter can be roughly measured with 2 straight edges and a tape measure,your yamaha dealer might have a ballpark figure[/QUOTE

2007 Carolina Skiff Sea chaser 175RG. Not sure about the weight

What are your wot rpms, that will dictate proper pitch requirements needed for your application, Without knowing what's on there now gives us no basis of where to start

Back