Logo

Winterize Protection ?

abl1111

Regular Contributor
What's the consensus on spraying down an i/o engine with WD or 665 at the ned of each season ? I've done this each year, but it does it make the engine a mess and over time, it makes the bilge a mess too. However, it has kept my engine very healthy looking ?

WD-40 is a solvent not a lubricant can't hurt,I lived in a salty environment for 50+ years on the jersey shore and sprayed the underhood of my cars all the time and never had an issue just dont spray the belts,seems to make them deteriorate prematurely and squeal.

Thx. I've used 665 for 12 years and my engine looks great. I had it pulled this past season for some heavy work and the mechanics totally degreased the engine. Looks good, but I'd rather have the protection.

The engine looks almost new. She has almost 800 hours. There are a few areas i.e. manifolds where they bolt on, a few areas near the distributor that could use some love - but the effort to pull them off and paint them was not worth it. The engine, for 13 years old, looks amazing. I think it does due to the 665 and constant vigilance… In a perfect world, I'd buy an new package every 5-6 years !

Back