Logo

2004 150 HPDI oil alarm sounding.

flabob1

Regular Contributor
I had my engine alarm go off indicating low oil on the engine tank. The pump in the main tank was not pumping oil to the engine. I had this problem on my right engine a while back . It was corrosion on a pin in the plug at the main tank . Thinking it was the same problem it was not. Swapping all the units I finely got down to the wiring. It would not pump automatic and would not pump when working the switch on the engine. They both share the same ground. To check the wiring out you will have to disconnect the harness plug on the engine. Located on the forward right side by the throttle connections. It's a pain and have to remove some brackets to get at it. You will recognize the harness as the same flat one on the tank. Once disconnected you could ring out ( check for continuity from one point to another )  the  four wires to the tank. What I found was not a problem with the ground wire ( blue wire ) but I had an open wire on the voltage wire ( brown ) . Checking the harness I found a pin hole with green corrosion that we all have seen .. Opening the harness I found it broken . Spliced the wire and sealed with liquid tape and put some of shrink tubing over it . It now checks OK.<br>Hope this helps anyone with the same problem. good luck, <br> Bob<br>

Back