Logo

Need help with high idle Honda bf150

Davidt

I have an 06 bf150 with an idle anywhere around 1100-1500 at idle. Iac screen is clean. There's a vacuum line off the intake box that's not connected anywhere. Don't know if it goes anywhere.

Does number 22 go anywhere from of the airbox.
IMG_0175.jpg

That looks like the air box drain,wait for Hondadude to respond,Doesn't the parts diagram have a description of that part?

This may seem like a silly question, but have you tried turning the idle adjustment screw where the throttle cable attaches to the throttle body?

If it is a clear hose, then it is a breather hose. It does not get connected to anything.

Did the idle issue happen all of a sudden? Over time? Maybe a new throttle cable? Maybe just a new motor to you?

Mike

If it is a clear hose, then it is a breather hose. It does not get connected to anything.

Did the idle issue happen all of a sudden? Over time? Maybe a new throttle cable? Maybe just a new motor to you?

Mike

mike.

Before idle was good. I took the boat out and the throttle cable got stuck in wot. I shut down the motor and finally got it good. I unlinked the throttle cable to the throttle body and it's still at 1500. So I guess that takes the cable out. I recently changed plugs with the correct ngks. Double checked after run but still nice and tight. I could try cleaning the throttle body. I changed the iacv with a working one. Sprayed throttle cleaner around checking for leaks. Nothing. I eventually turned the screw in the front of the throttle body all the way in and it sits at 1000.

And for some reason the key does not beep anymore. All 4 lights flash and one green light stays on after crank. I had a constant beep going after I crank the motor but no red lights. I changed the after tank water seperator, small filter at motor and drained the small water seperator. Changed the thermostats and water sensors. Oil and lower unit. The constant beep went away but it doesn't double beep when you turn the key to on.

But other than that, the motor runs great. Hits high in the 5k rpm range

Last edited:
Back