Logo

95' 125hp Mariner Outboard Control box

mlopez0519

I just purchased this 1995 125hp Mariner outboard that came with the quicksilver side mount control box. I originally had a 1989 110hp evinrude that has a control box that is installed on my center console, it is a top mounted control box. I was wondering if, instead of using the side mount (quicksilver), I could keep using the top mount control box that is already on my boat's center console. Can anybody please help with any ideas, and if it is possible to do so. I think its only a matter of removing the engine harness and replacing it with the harness from the evinrude outboard. Im wondering if the colors of the wirings and what they are used for are pretty much standard, like the color wiring used on car stereos. Please help, and thanks!

You need to see if your top mount control is universal. If so, you will need to convert it from "push to throttle" to pull to throttle. Gear shifting is the same. You then need to purchase an adaptor kit to convert the cable from omc's to Mercury/Mariner's to secure cable end in place. Adjustment will be the hard part. It is doable, but not simple. For the harness: The only different color is the choke wire Mercury/Mariner yellow/black. OMC purple/white. Cut, crimp and heat shrink wrap them!
Good luck!

Thanks ghn, I did some researching and found that there could possibly be an adapter for this, I just need to find the right one? Any suggestions where I could find this?

Back