Logo

BF225 Question

I'm with btravelin2, massive corrosion issues scare me. That aside, these engines could be maintained for a long time. Hard to say whats the best option for your old engines Cmerc, if you part them out you could make some dough, but if you sell em' cheap to a local with a single engine boat who is mechanically inclined he could probably keep his boat powered for a long time at a minimum cost. Either way there is value to be considered and as long as it gets passed along then those who receive it will be thankful! "A bad day on the water is better than a good day at work" :)

Update, got the boat back, she is wayyy underproped, and we wont deal with that issue until the new year, I am still spinning the 17" fourblades that were on my 225's.
With a full load of fuel 400 gallons, she hits the rev limiter, I have a set of Mirage 19's which we will try before we decide on what to get, hoping I can swing a 20" and be right at the HP peak which is 5800 rpm. We'll see in January.

Last edited:
I don't think they make a 20" prop for that engine. It typically goes from 19" to 21". However, you can also get similar effects by playing with the pitch.

I recently re-proped my bf225. I used the recommendation from Honda's prop calculator website, and was very happy with the result!!!

Well I have tried Hondas prop calculator, and it has no suggestions for props, and they dont even have an option for Triple engines, so unfortunatly it does me no good.

No worries, new props are a part of the Engine package, so having the 19's will give us a good idea whats needed before I committ to the new props.
also as an fyi the Honda 250s have a 2:1 gear reduction, the 225s have 1.87.

Back