Logo

Trim pump wires

jmac5058

Running wires for trim pump , do I go to the starter batt or house batt ? Im running a 2 batt system do I run everything from house or somethings from house and some from starter ( like bilge pump ) ?

Looks like I may have fried my trim relay harnesses while replacing relays. Forgot to undo battery and when
changing out relays the harness started to smoke. I immediately pulled relay and unhooked battery.
just wondering if I need to replace just the harnesses and relays or everything in the relay box?
Harnesses look like they somewhat melted. Any suggestions on how to repair is appreciated.
1990 Evinrude 60 HP motor.

Looks like I may have fried my trim relay harnesses while replacing relays. Forgot to undo battery and when
changing out relays the harness started to smoke. I immediately pulled relay and unhooked battery.
just wondering if I need to replace just the harnesses and relays or everything in the relay box?
Harnesses look like they somewhat melted. Any suggestions on how to repair is appreciated.
1990 Evinrude 60 HP motor.
You need to start your own thread it is not polite to hyjack a thread it makes it confusing. Model and year help to make the responses better.

You need to start your own thread it is not polite to hyjack a thread it makes it confusing. Model and year help to make the responses better.
I am very sorry to have made it confusing.

Thank you Johnny for your reply I will check and let you know what happens.
I did not know I was hyjacking.

Just click on the johnson/evinrude forum and click new thread. Give the model number of the motor your working on makes it easier and you will get more responses.

Back