Logo

Name these parts that need replacing please

thunder92

I'm new to the boating world and a friend gave me his old boat. It has a mercury 75 on it with a couple parts that got slightly melted. I don't have a manual yet so I need to know what the parts are and possibly a part #. Appreciate any help I can get.see video below.
https://youtu.be/IvBcQsox9Bg

Last edited:
What is the serial number of the motor? one is the engine temp switch with the wire and spring and the other is the telltale fitting for the pisser. The motor should run unless there are other issues from a severe overheat condition that must have gotten really hot. Have you tried to start it yet? I would pull the gearbox and try and start it. More than likely the water pump impeller needs replaced just try and start it for a few seconds you likely have several other issues. At least pull the gearbox and do a compression test and give us the numbers. No need to put any money into it until you do a complete diagnostic.

Serial is 0e253971. my friend says it runs and these issues are not why it is not. The battery is dead. Gonna grab a new one but wanted to get these parts. Oh and it needs a new propeller. Its on a 17ft monarch pro fishing boat.Thanks for the help and help identifying the parts.

I think you may be right Kimcrwbr1. My friend just told me it actually hasn't run since the issue happened. I suspect a overheating issue. I'm new to boats but I'll find out how to pull the gear box. Compression test shouldn't be much different than a car I'm sure. I also can't find the temp sensor nor could the folks at the 1800 #.
http://www.marineengine.com/parts/mercury_marine_parts/sn/0E253971/H075412TD

What is the serial number of the motor? one is the engine temp switch with the wire and spring and the other is the telltale fitting for the pisser. The motor should run unless there are other issues from a severe overheat condition that must have gotten really hot. Have you tried to start it yet? I would pull the gearbox and try and start it. More than likely the water pump impeller needs replaced just try and start it for a few seconds you likely have several other issues. At least pull the gearbox and do a compression test and give us the numbers. No need to put any money into it until you do a complete diagnostic.

Back