Logo

1959 Graymarine V8-135 For Sale

61Sabre

I have a 1959 Graymarine V8-135 that I need to move. The heads are off, but I have the bolts, lifter rods, cams, Autolite distributor, Jabsco water pump (needs new impellers and gaskets), mechanical fuel pump, starter, generator, regulator, oil coolers and Velvet drive 1:1 transmission. It has the single side draft Carter, which has been rebuilt, and has a spare side draft in need of rebuilding. The two-piece intakes are in excellent condition. It was in storage for 10-15 years when I purchased it this Summer. The previous owner bought it when it was known to be running, with the intent to rebuild it. This is the AMC 250 block, and looks to be in good condition, but I cannot vouch for it internally as to cracks or piston/crank condition. I have photos if you are interested.

Recently sold the manifolds and elbows. Also have two shaft logs, two sea water intake scoops and one t-fitting for sea water inlet.

Make me an offer and it's all yours.

To be clear, the heads have been removed, but are in excellent condition. The cams show minimal wear and do not need to be replaced. The engine could be reassembled and run as is, though for the long term, I recommend reconditioning it.

Heads and block are sold. I still have transmission. It is a Velvet Drive model 71B. The trans fluid is still clear and it turns. Includes bell housing and oil cooler. Also have engine oil cooler, starter, Delco generator and mount, Autolite distributor, voltage regulator and lots of misc. fittings and bronze bolts of various sizes. Make offers on any parts you need.

Tranny is sold. Also have engine oil cooler, starter, Delco generator and mount, Autolite distributor, voltage regulator, bronze stuffing box and bronze nuts and bolts of various sizes. Make offers on any parts you need. I have four engine and transmission mounts for sale as well, $25 apiece.

Back