Logo

Part numbers needed aq131 SP Drive

Is the bolt frozen in the manifold it wont pull away from the head. If the rubber hose is keeping you from pulling the manifold away from the head just cut it they are not that expensive. With mine you have to put two of the bolt in the manifold before putting it in as the back of the boat keeps me from putting the bolts in after the manifold is in place. I would be leary on taking a BFH to it as the head is aluminum and likely will crack or break. Do you have pics try the wedges and heat the manifold real hot with a torch and try and pry the manifold off of the bolt. You would need to cut the hose to pull it out straight.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volvo-Penta...ash=item33c22ed255:g:3c0AAOSw~OdVbhsa&vxp=mtr
They are pretty stiff it wouldnt hurt to replace it with the new manifold anyways.

Finally got a warm day and got the manifold off by wiggling with pry bars and breaking bolt. Stud came right out with needle nose plyers. My question no is what replacement manifold to get. I see sierra listed on eBay and some others a little more expensive. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Not sure it's worth saving 75 bucks for a used unknown part. Sierra is less expensive but doesn't come with bolts. Anyone prefer HGE or Sierra? Both are under $300. Thanks again.

You do not want to break the head trying to force the manifold off of the bolt. Can you get a torch in there to get the manifold good and hot as you pry out?

Last edited:
Getting around to installing exhaust manifold. Are stainless bolts recommended so I don't have the same problem I just had ? Also any other tips prior to installing is appreciated.

Getting around to installing exhaust manifold.
1..... Are stainless bolts recommended so I don't have the same problem I just had ?
2..... Also any other tips prior to installing is appreciated.

1..... SS is rather soft comparied to carbon steel..... I would not use SS.
2..... As per Johnny, the Automotive Anti-Sieze works well for these threads (not the Marine version).

Ok I got it all together runs and cools great. Only remaining issue is the raw water strainer housing and elbow is cracked. Anyone have any parts laying around? Need this now.
http://www.marinepartssource.com/newdetails.asp?pnumber=VP0856100&mfg=VOLVO&mcat1=&mcat2=&mcat3=&category=&mfgcategory=&mfgno=856100

Ok so to bring this to a conclusion here is what I did. I used 2 of the rubber washers and some 'right stuff' which is a a strong fast drying rtv sealant let sit overnight and low and behold. I leaks running at 180 degrees. I'm so relived after all this effort to be back on the water. Some small things to button up. Wanted to say thank you to everyone for the tips, links and part numbers.

Back