Logo

fuel tank capacity 4.3 mercruiser 1988

hi have a bayliner that had been parted out and for a bit of a project I'm reassembling it. I've installed a 4.3 engine and am looking for a fuel tank to fit under the deck ( original had been taken out before i got it )

question is what size fuel tank would you guys be fitting in 100 litre 150 litre ??

any thoughts or advice would be great !!

That depends on the size of the opening
[h=2]Rectangular Tanks[/h] Step 1 Use a tape measure to measure the length of the tank. Measure the width and depth of the tank as well.

Step 2 Multiply the length, width and depth measurements in order to find the cubic volume.

Step 3 Divide the cubic volume in inches by 231, as a gallon is equal to 231 cubic inches.

That depends on the size of the opening
Rectangular Tanks

Step 1 Use a tape measure to measure the length of the tank. Measure the width and depth of the tank as well.

Step 2 Multiply the length, width and depth measurements in order to find the cubic volume.

Step 3 Divide the cubic volume in inches by 231, as a gallon is equal to 231 cubic inches.

i think you've mis understood me, i know how to calculate volum im asking what would be a good/ average size of tank ? to run a 4.3 for 4-5 hours

Find a tank that will fit the hole leave a inch on the bottom and sides and around 1 1/2" on top to allow for expansion and deck support on top.

25 to 30 gallon one 100- 120 liter. My 21 ft with a 5.0 has a 37 gallon tank, old boat had a 3.0 and a 20 gallon tank, both sizes worked great with each boat and engine combo.

Back