Logo

Livewell/aerator pump problems

Georgiaboy67

Advanced Contributor
I have a new fuse panel, new wires, switches etc on my 97 sprint 277 FS. I need my livewell to work for my first ever tournament next month. Everything works now, but the livewell still doesn't. My uncle said it has just a single pump that both pumps water , aerates it and washes down. Do they really make those? Just a single pump that does the entire job in one? Or is the oxygenating the water just from it continuously pumping water into the livewell? Help is greatly needed!! I don't have $150 to pay a shop to attempt to fix it

Yes it's fused. I just re-wired 90% of the boat. New main accessory feed wires, new switches, new fuse block with new fuses, etc. I was hoping the issue was just the switch or the panel. Guess not, my only access is to drain the gas and drop the tank. Which will not be easy since I have no way to pump it out, nothing to pump into, has 11 gallons of gas in it, and I'm really not digging the whole run it nearly empty either. It's one of those permanent tanks and the only way it comes out is to turn it on it's side, and then pull it out.

No I haven't used one. I have access to the wires, problem being, idk which wire is what. Yes, the boat is apparently labeled as your standard ABYC marine color code, but there's two sets of brown wires leading from under the 20 gallon gas tank, I can see both sets of wires, idk which one is which. Obviously one is for the bilge, and other for livewell. Do they make just a single pump for livewell a that both fills water and keeps it oxygenated? It has 3 ports on the livewell, one has a spray head, at the top, another is just a hole, at the top on the other side of the livewell, And then there's the drain plug at the bottom.

I have found the issue
https://instagram.com/p/BKqy-P9AGxS/
this connection from the pump is most likely the culprit, the wire that connects to it from the switch has good power to it, just checked it, so now the problem is either that plug, or the pump itself. I will just cut the connections off and just splice the wires together and see if they work. Will that work just fine? Without hazards? And I don't think it's at the drain hole, it's on the top on the other side of the livewell. Because I have 3 hoses,1 at the bottom drain, one at the spray nozzle, and one on the other side that's close to the top, it's just a hole, with a hose connected to it running down to the bottom of the boat.

Okay, the wires have power when connected. I'm assuming the pump is no longer functional. What type of pump should I get? I don't want to make any changes then what's set up. It has a wash down hose, a drain hose, and then the aerator spray nozzle.

Back