Logo

Troubleshooting fuse block

Georgiaboy67

Advanced Contributor
I have my pawpaws 97 sprint 277 FS boat. I need my livewell to work for a tournament next month. It has just a single pump that both pumps water and circulates it. I didn't know this exist? Lol anyway only the power switch and the bilge pump work now, none of the other wires have power, and the switches are bad. And all the fuses are good, is this just the corrosion on the wire connection to the panel? I've got a new fuse block and marine wire etc coming. But would the corrosion on this original fuse block be the culprit?

But would the corrosion on this original fuse block be the culprit?

Ayuh,.... Could be, 'n probably is,....

Get yerself a test light to trace the circuit for the new board,...

I am assuming he when you say fuse block is because you have barrel style fuses, if he is the case they are notorious for going bad specially on a marine environment, take all fuses out, use a wire brush on the block till it is shining, clean all the ends of the barrel reinsert them make sure that everything is working and apply a generous coat of anti-corrosion spray.

Thanks for the input! I got everything re wired with a new fuse block, new fuses, new wires, heat shrink connectors, etc! Sadly enough my livewell still doesn't work, the only accessory I was trying to get to work!! Now I guess I have to drain and drop the gas tank to see if it needs replacing or if the wires just pulled apart

tow thing, first, jump the livewell with 12 v to see if the pump works, or rewire the livewell from dash to pump with new wire.

The wiring has power, I checked it, and when it was connected to the wiring from the dash, it had power. The pump simply does not run.

Back