Logo

Need advice on splashwell steering tube mounts

TheBrain

Regular Contributor
Need advice on splashwell steering tube mounts

Currently I have the Sea star hydrolic steering tube’sinside a 2.5” Piece of PVC they are’nt secure was thinking about wrapping thetubes w/ rubber to secure tubes inside PVC.

I would prefer a actualle mount kit kinof like this

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/seastar-solutions--splashwell-mounting-kits--P006_182_002_513

however I would prefer soethi like the attached image.

any advice on this isappreciated.

TB

update tubes are much more straighter hoppeully steering wont be clunkie.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Nice work and good luck this season
thanks the straightening of tubes helped steering.

I'm able to trim up nicely w/out contacting tubes.

took her out Sunday (way to many folks) for another shakedown. tested on/off bilge flowed a few gallons then clogged.I still have specs of saw dust thoughtout under deck hope the new pump isn't ruined, I wrapped sock around bottom of pump.

new trim tabs signficately improved WOT runs handling reduced porporsing however one trim tab came up missing end of boat day
hopefully I get another tab, I also know why second part of day boat listed opposite side of missing tab.

Attachments

• trimTABS1.jpg
    trimTABS1.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I have been vacuuming endlessely, I believe the mosue that was living in the cuddys underfloor is being washed out see I didn't pull the floor up under the hardtop.

I've taken the boat out 6 times Each time I remove bilge plug and fill the hull w/ water. Attempingto rinse out all this mouse poop. saw dust/leaves ect. Get a good little bit each time, I thinkthe only way to completely clean the below floor is to pull it up.

I’ll probablley start pulling cuddie floor up up inside bowarea it’s kindof soft in the middle section.

Back