Logo

2002 MFS25A control wiring help

snookwhaler

Regular Contributor
I'm converting a 2002 MFS25A from tiller to remote. I am not using the factory control box (too ugly). I am however planing to use the harness and key. I have searched and searched and I cannot find a good wiring diagram. It looks simple enough, but I don't want to hook anything up without being absolutely positive.

I'm using an after market Uflex sidemount control on my center console and want install the key switch and kill switch lanyard on the front of the console. This particular motor does not have the "big plug" connection on the engine end. So, I'll have to hook it up with bullet connectors on that end. I also need to know what wires I need to utilize up at the switch so I can make use of the safety lanyard and neutral safety switch.

On the back of the switch, I got 2 reds, 1 green, 1 blue, 1 brown and 1 black. Also, not associated with the switch, but part of the cable are 1 yellow, 1 pink and 1 light blue.

Looking at how it is set up now as the tiller, 1 red and 1 green are to the start button and 1 brown and 1 black go to the kill switch/lanyard.

Back