Logo

2006 yamaha f250 runs rough after 1-2 hrs.

jeffrey labelle

Hopefully someone can give me some direction with this problem. My f250 starts to run a little rough after a 1-2 hrs on the water. I have already replaced the fuel/water separator, and spark plugs. I have also done an oil change making sure not to overfill the engine, and a lower end service. Not sure where to go from here. :confused: It is frustrating because the engine runs great for the first hour or so.

Is engine running at normal temperature, Can you hold hand in telltale stream indefinitely? Possible heat build up under flywheel affecting stator assembly,ignition coils, etc.

yes, Is she running hot,need questions answered.Could be excessive scale inside of engine,salt.bad impeller,t-stats,head gasket failure

Sorry, I forgot to say that we did do the impeller as well. I'll pull the t-stats to see what they look like. Hopefully that is all that it is. Thank you for your help this far. I'll let you guys know how I make out.

I have not had a chance to check the tell tail yet. Will do in the a.m. Is it normal for the stream to be somewhat slow at idle? I have noticed that it does not come out strong until the rpm's come up. Keep in mind that the impeller is new.

Telltale will increase with rpms. Was entire water pump kit installed,gaskets,housing, seals, o-rings? Just replacing impeller not a penny wise decision.

The whole kit was installed. I'm going to run the engine today to check the temp of the telltale. The engine seems to be running at the right temp with the muffs on after running it for a while. Unfortunately the boat is in the driveway, not the water.

Last edited:
Back