Logo

BF225 Bad Cylinder

Nick392

2004 BF225 with 30" shaft. Had my mechanic replace all fuel filters, and do a complete check up. Had a week vacation planned and on the second day the motor started missing and the boat would not get on plane with more then 2 people on board. The following week my mechanic hooked up a fuel pressure gauge and we ran the boat. Boat ran fine with the 2 of us on it. Correct fuel pressure. When we put a third person on board the motor missed and struggled to get on plane. After further investigation we found the the middle cylinder on the right side only had 50 psi on compression test. With a little work we were able to get it up to 140 psi. Remaining cylinders had 190-200 psi. We pulled the head and found the cylinder had water intrusion. The cylinder was pitted and the 2 head bolts were rusted. My mechanic surmised that some water got in around the area of the head bolts. Not looking for answers, more of a public service announcement. Boat is being re-powered. Anyone looking for parts at fair price can private message me.

Back