Logo

Trim wont go up or down neep help

jmitchunc23

i have a 1987 Suzuki outboard dt140. I was coming off the water last week and trimmed the motor up as always when im pulling the boat out of the water. once i got home I tried to lower it back down to rinse the motor out but it wouldint move. you can hear the trim motor running just fine but no movement. I checked the fluid and noticed it was very low. I turned the manual relase back a few notches and it lowered down. I pulled the whole screw out and barely any fluid came out, also the o-ring was torn in half on the screw. I put it back on and filled the reservoir all the way up. now the motor wont stay up on its own at all because there is no pressure you have to physically pick the motor up and it will just fall back down. My question is, would just a faulty o ring on the manual release valve really cause the engine to not lift up or down? or would the engine lift up slowly and then just sag down? All other o rings are fine, fluid is full. I am very confused and frustrated and ready to explode!!! Any help would be exellent. Anything at all.

Manually raise motor,lock,fill reservoir,cap, Install manual release screw with new o-ring and try cycling engine up and down waiting to let air bleed out several times between cycles.

I replaced the oring and tightened the cap back down. filled it up with fluid. still only here the motor running when I press the up and down switch. there is no pressure at all If I physically lift the engine it just falls straight back down.

Back