Logo

2005 Suzuki 115 4 stroke outboard efi - oil type + winterizing

dctaz37

I recently bought a 17' Starcraft CStar and the manual for the motor says to use 10w40. Will 10w30 do or should I stick to this grade? It seems to be hard to find.

Also,the manual says to replace the water pump every year, is this true? I've never winterized a 4 stroke before. Would you have some guidelines? What do I do with the fuel. On my 2 stroke I put stabilizer in the tank, topped it right up and disconnected the fuel from the motor and burned it all up.

10-40 is for warmer climates and all around use for summer,10-30 is fine. Suzuki recommends replacing pump to cover their butt, I would recommend pulling lower unit to inspect mid housing bushing/bearing,they have a tendency to seize up if not flushed with fresh water regularly, Been there with a 140/4 stroke.$$$$$ 140 was fuel injected never had startup issues in spring by not running fuel out, Not sure if it's a good idea with injected engine! A light fogging in cylinders can't hurt.

I'm in Canada and the temp I usually fish in is probably from 0 to 35 degree Celsius. A local store has LucasSynthetic 10W30 Marine Outboard Oil, 946 mL @ 75% off for around $6 total. What do you think? Okay so in regards to winterizing, fog the cylinders. Do you keep the fuel tank full for the winter? Anything special to drain the water?

that oil is fine,what size is tank,can fuel be siphoned out and placed in car. All outboards have a open fuel system, water will find it's way into tank eventually,Ethanol Some will tell u to top off and add STAYBIL, Fuel will start separating after a few months, I would also run engine dry of fuel at end of season!

Back