Logo

340CI CCW Cam?

MoparFan

Hello group. I recently purchased a 340ci engine to use in a 71 Dodge Demon restoration. Turns out this engine is a Chrysler marine engine that was recently freshened up, new pistons, rods, cam etc.... I also discovered this is a CCW running engine. With that all said, I've been removing any of the marine components making it ready for my restoration. I was hoping someone on here could point me in the right direction to where to list some of the items for sale? Currently I am only selling the CAM with lifters matched to each lob. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you!

Maybe I'm looking at the rotation wrong but I can say it rotates the opposite direction of my car engines. The distributor gear is cut in the opposite direction too.

As always pointed out. rotation is as viewed from rear of engine. If yours is reverse the main seal surface knurling of crank will be backwards and the pistons will be reversed (notches to rear) (to reduce piston slap running reversed).

As always pointed out. rotation is as viewed from rear of engine. If yours is reverse the main seal surface knurling of crank will be backwards and the pistons will be reversed (notches to rear) (to reduce piston slap running reversed).

I removed the bearing caps and there wasn't knurling at all. Iread that on some cranks there was none?

The knurl acts as a slinger that tends to force oil back in to the crankcase. It will be usually be paired with a rope seal. The knurl is pretty much polished smooth for the two piece synthetic rubber seal as it can cause premature wear if not.

The knurl acts as a slinger that tends to force oil back in to the crankcase. It will be usually be paired with a rope seal. The knurl is pretty much polished smooth for the two piece synthetic rubber seal as it can cause premature wear if not.

I can picture what your describbing. But i dont see it on my crank nor in the picture I posted above. Can you point it out in the picture?

The knurl will be fine slashes //////////////////////// or \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ all in the same direction, all the way around the seal area of the crank. The slash direction will dictate crank rotation for oil control. Spin the crank the wrong way it will tend to drive oil out the rear seal.

Attachments

• crank.jpg
    crank.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 25
Was there a spacer that slid into the block that sat on top the dist gear that raised the distributor a 1/2" ...???

Jack

Back