Logo

Looking for the right intake manifold LM318

piper468

Contributing Member
Hey Guys, my eyes are glazed over from searching the web for a replacement intake manifold. LM318 with standard small block heads. Here's my old intake.

m129_partsbook_med.jpg

I have fresh water cooling with the small rectangular coolant reservoir that sits on the water neck mounting flange. There's a lot of aftermarket intakes and my first choice would be aluminum. The stock cast iron intakes cost way too much for me and so far I haven't seen any on Ebay. Here's the deal there's two different style intakes, one with the water neck flange like in the photo above and the other style has the water neck flange clocked at a 45 degrees like this photo.....
d0_1_307_1.JPG

? Can I get rid of my coolant tank and hook up a thermostat housing instead or do I need the extra room for expansion. If so this would make it easy to find an intake for my motor. Any and all suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks

Russ

Hey Guys, my eyes are glazed over from searching the web for a replacement intake manifold. LM318 with standard small block heads. Here's my old intake.

HI
I have that exact intake on my shelf in perfect condition. Email me at [email protected] if you are still looking. Dan
m129_partsbook_med.jpg

I have fresh water cooling with the small rectangular coolant reservoir that sits on the water neck mounting flange. There's a lot of aftermarket intakes and my first choice would be aluminum. The stock cast iron intakes cost way too much for me and so far I haven't seen any on Ebay. Here's the deal there's two different style intakes, one with the water neck flange like in the photo above and the other style has the water neck flange clocked at a 45 degrees like this photo.....
d0_1_307_1.JPG

? Can I get rid of my coolant tank and hook up a thermostat housing instead or do I need the extra room for expansion. If so this would make it easy to find an intake for my motor. Any and all suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks

Russ

HI
I have that exact intake on my shelf in perfect condition. Email me at [email protected] if you are still looking. Dan

Back