Logo

An expression of gratitude...

X Wilfred

Earlier this year, I started a thread about dirty carbs on my Honda outboard. Hondadude and Jgmo both took time to reply. Because of their help, I was able to repair the engine. The main jets were plugged. Ultimately they gave me the confidence to tackle the job. Before they offered their encouragement I was too intimidated by the mass of tubing and wiring to begin. I do regret that i haven't taken the time before this to thank them specifically and others on this site who take the time to offer people they never met good advice and encouragement.
Thankyou.
X Wilfred

Earlier this year, I started a thread about dirty carbs on my Honda outboard. Hondadude and Jgmo both took time to reply. Because of their help, I was able to repair the engine. The main jets were plugged. Ultimately they gave me the confidence to tackle the job. Before they offered their encouragement I was too intimidated by the mass of tubing and wiring to begin. I do regret that i haven't taken the time before this to thank them specifically and others on this site who take the time to offer people they never met good advice and encouragement.
Thankyou.
X Wilfred

Here's a "second" for that opinion. We just got back from two weeks running the sweetest outboard I've ever owned, a BF20. It was made possible by the patient, detailed, and thoughtful support these two posters provided.

Those guys and a several more on this site are really helpful. I have done ALL my repairs on my hondas, including cylinder head replacement, lower units etc.. thanks to the knowledge of these guys. So in return, I try to help others and ask the same of others to share their wealth of knowledge.

As for me, I came to this site looking for answers just like everyone else probably did except maybe for a few ......Mike (hondadude) and possibly a couple of others likely just jumped in to help right off the bat.

I've learned a lot since first stumbling here, new to the Honda brand. And, I've tried to share my knowledge and pass it on when I could.....just as Skooter suggests.

All in all, that is the most satisfying thing about being here. Seeing guys like you come along...ask questions....pay attention.....follow through and repair their stuff and then, keep it going by hanging out and "pay it forward" by jumping in and helping when you can.

So.....thank YOU!

I enjoy and am proud to be a member of this very helpful, friendly group thankfully "anchored" by the ever willing and profoundly equipped hondadude.

If this all sounds a bit corny, well.....it probably is. But, it's the truth as I see it.

This FORUM, made up of US, is one of the best on the net!

Ditto on what Skooter and Jimmy posted.

I came upon this forum in September 2008 after being a new owner of a new BF 225 for six months or so. Over the years I have received so much help on this forum that it's been astounding. Likewise, I've tried to help others who are going through the same learning curve.

One thing that really differentiates this forum from many others I been on over the years is the the folks here are really trying to help everyone out and there is no snarky crap that you see on so many other forums.

Thanks for your kind words JGaz. It's humbling to get praise back from people that have, ultimately, done the hard work that gets their problem solved.
But it REALLY does feel great!

This is one of the best sites, the knowledge here is very precise and helpful and no bs involved. Thanks for your help.

I really appreciate the help of CHAWK, jgmo...They two helped me get my honda squared away and ive been using it for many many trips.

Back