Logo

Need advice

champlain72

I'm looking at two smaller Trawlers. They have these motors. 1985 nissan ld26 2100 hours and a 1984 lehman 4d61 1760 hours. From what I read parts are hard to find. Both supposedly run great. Does anyone have any experiance with either one of these motors and are they hard to get parts for. Preferably part #'s that will match up with non marine motors. ($$$$) Thank you Bryan.

Bryan, the lehman 4d61 is a peugeot diesel and engine parts are available but marine parts are getting scarce. A source of parts is american diesel virginia 804 435 3107 not sure on the nissan.
Charlie w.

Bryan, the lehman 4d61 is a peugeot diesel and engine parts are available but marine parts are getting scarce. A source of parts is american diesel virginia 804 435 3107 not sure on the nissan.
Charlie w.

Thank you Charlie. This is a big purchase and I will have an inspection done with either one but I have no experiance with diesel motors besides books. thank you for all and any help. I have torn apart and rebuilt many outboard gas motors but never touched internal diesel except removing heads at a savage yard on an old Detroit many years ago. These trawlers are Albin 27fc. they have the rear cabin. I absolutely love the layout and boat but I'm worried about the motors.

Bryan, i took the first shakedown run on an albin 27fc in connecticut when i worked for lehman so i am familiar with the boat however there are cobwebs in the belfry these days. As long as you change filters,oil and impeller regularly you should not have any problems except possibly a glow plug.
Charlie w.

Back