Logo

VP AD41b diesel won't start

jansen

Contributing Member
After 12 hour fishing trip where it ran perfect till the end when it idled too low. Another short trip was fine, but had to manually advance the idle to 700 rpm to match the SB engine. Last two startups it died at idle and when I gave it more throttle it started ok. Now today with a boat full of friends it failed to start at all. Changed both filters, bled at filter, injector pump, and injectors, still no start. What do you think is the problem?

After 12 hour fishing trip where it ran perfect till the end when it idled too low. Another short trip was fine, but had to manually advance the idle to 700 rpm to match the SB engine. Last two startups it died at idle and when I gave it more throttle it started ok. Now today with a boat full of friends it failed to start at all. Changed both filters, bled at filter, injector pump, and injectors, still no start. What do you think is the problem?

Saw this on another forum and it makes sense:
Fuel & filters clean and running on white diesel. 1 tank & 2 engines. Other engine is fine.

I can get her to fire up with a sniff of ether (I know, but it's a long story) she will then run providing revs are kept at 800 or above or she will falter and stop. It's not producing enough pressure at cranking speed to crack off the injectors When boat arrives back home I will sort the pump out. It's just that I have not come across this before on an engine with so little hours

Back