Logo

Mystic Lubricants

Bjsmith919

Regular Contributor
Anybody use Mystic Lubricants? I bought some to put in my 98 Fast Strike 115 and want to hear opinions before I switch them out.

I have used their greases, but until right now when seeing this did not know they make oils. Looks like it is NMMA certified TCW-3, so that says something. Also says it contains stabilizers and engine cleaner. Interesting. Of course that could also be hoopla.

used several gallons of 2 cycle TCW-3 over 2 summers all's ok, $15 at bass pro vs $30 for west marine brand, my motor is 12 years older then yours

I have used their greases, but until right now when seeing this did not know they make oils. Looks like it is NMMA certified TCW-3, so that says something. Also says it contains stabilizers and engine cleaner. Interesting. Of course that could also be hoopla.

What's do you mean when you say "that says something "? Is NMMA certified a good thing?

Why not use recommended supplies and oil and plugs etc recommended by the engines manufacturer?...an outboard engine is a high rpm piece of equipment that's easily damaged and playing around with ''magic in a bottle'' is asking for trouble in my opinion..just saying

Why not use recommended supplies and oil and plugs etc recommended by the engines manufacturer?...an outboard engine is a high rpm piece of equipment that's easily damaged and playing around with ''magic in a bottle'' is asking for trouble in my opinion..just saying

Thats the only Marine brand lower unit oil I could find in the city nearest me besides some off name brand. The local marina said I could use any 90wt gear oil but figured I should buy a marine lube that at least had my engines name on the bottle. What brand does Johnson recommend?

NMMA National Marine Manufacturers Association. The recognized authority for many marine standards. As for the outboard engine oil, various oil manufacturers submit their oil for actual testing in running engines. If it passes, the mfr gets the TCW-3 certification and the right to display the NMMA logo and "certified" on the label. If not certified, it could mean it was submitted and flunked the test, or it could mean it wasn't even submitted. And some say their stuff is much better and doesn't need testing (???). Anyhow, it does give the buyer a baseline to go by.

Back