Logo

F225 blowing fuel pump fuse

Hi Chris thanks for advice, i have unplugged both Hp and Lp fuel Pumps and fuse still blows. Also i have elimated the control loom and gauges.
When i turn on ignition there is a continuous audible dash alarm but it is very quiet not as loud as the usual start up chirp.

If the fuse is blowing as soon as you install it, this will be easy to find. Problem is, it is not in front of me and you will need to do the exploration. Put a light bulb in place of the fuse, Start unplugging things, when the light goes out you are close.

If the fuse is blowing as soon as you install it, this will be easy to find. Problem is, it is not in front of me and you will need to do the exploration. Put a light bulb in place of the fuse, Start unplugging things, when the light goes out you are close.

Another reason EVERYONE should purchase and learn how to use a cheap multimeter!

Fluke 88 is what I recommend. I have been using the same Fluke meter since 1989.

Just checked the price of a new Fluke 88. OUCH! Of course, if one uses a multimeter daily one of that quality is justified. Personally, my multimeter was less than $20 and for a "shade-tree mechanic" it does everything I've ever needed it to do.

Hi Chris
I have done this and the only time i can get the light to go out is if i remove the main fuse ro the ECU or by unplugging the ECU. Does thisnmean the ECU is bad?

Further info if this will help.
if I remove the 20amp fuse for the main switch and trim switch and turn the key on, no fuse will blow.
if it replace all of the fuses and then turn the key on the 20amp fuse for the ECU/ignition coil/fuel pump/fuel injectors/ISC blows instantly.
i have pulled the engine loom out and checked it and it seems ok.
When it I put the light in place of the fuse the fuel pump control relay hums o I tried a spare one but made no difference.
could it be an ignition coil problem?

I will get out the wiring diagram and take a look. You will need to isolate which circuit is at fault.

To answer your question on the coils, disconnect them and see if the fuse blows.

Back