Logo

Electrical problem on 2 stroke 150 hpdi,

Han Johnson

My faithfull 2001 150 hp 2 stroke HPDI (z150p)outboard suddenly stopped working. When i got home i discovered that the fuel hose had fallen off just inside the engine.
Next day i called a mechanic to repair the broken fuel line. The morning he came everything electrical was working perfectly. He disconnected a lot of cables to work on the fuel line.
After putting everything back we tried to fire the engine up again.
The following problems ocurred:
When connecting the battery the engine started to burn one of the fuses. The mechanic came back the day after and started to work on the engine again, cleaning all connections.
Now all instruments come to live when the battery is connected even when key is in off.
When turning the ignition key the trim down starts - and starterengine is not activated.
The trim buttens work normally.

The mechanic says that the fuel could affect the electrical wirering (I pumped 2 times before i realised thet the fuel line was broken), but the ignition was working normally when he started working on the engine.

Has anyone got an idea what could be wrong ?

Kind regards
Han Johnson

Find another mechanic... One who knows what he is doing and can read an electrical schematic. Everything electrical was working before he pulled a bunch of wires and attempted to reconnect them all. Even a shade-tree mechanic takes some masking tape and #'s the wires and where they went one by one when he's disconnecting all of them so he knows where they go when re-attaching everything. Blames it on some fuel being spilled? C'mon!

Find another mechanic... One who knows what he is doing and can read an electrical schematic. Everything electrical was working before he pulled a bunch of wires and attempted to reconnect them all. Even a shade-tree mechanic takes some masking tape and #'s the wires and where they went one by one when he's disconnecting all of them so he knows where they go when re-attaching everything. Blames it on some fuel being spilled? C'mon!

hahaha "blames it on some fuel being spilled?"

yea you def need to see another mechanic, I think he made the situation worse

Back