Logo

Honda bf130 plenty of water in oil

RuneS

Hello
I have been on this board many times over the years and looked up valuable tips, thank you all for that!

I have problems with my Honda BF130 -00 discovered tendency to water in the oil, checked the thermostat if it´s worked and discovered that the previous owner removed the thermostat :confused:. Went and bought a new thermostat and everything worked fine and I drove maybe 4 hours ago checked the oil today, there was plenty of water and very gray oil.:(

Now to the question where do I start, it is the only way to remove the cylinder head and check the status and how much work it is to such an intervention??

Hope you understand conferred Google Translate :)

Regards Robert

I had the same issue a couple of years ago on the same engine 2000 bf130. I found that the head was corroded. There's no good news here. Honda does not have a replacement head. I could not find the part anywhere in the US, South Pacific or Europe (I searched for months). The best I could do was buy an old complete power head and hope that I could salvage the part. I didn't want to chance it and blow $600. I wound up buying a new 150.

Sorry, I know this is not the answer your looking for.
best of luck

Have a feeling that the boat will not be in the sea more this Swedish summer :(
Do you have a picture of how your head looked out with your corroded problems?

Have a feeling that the boat will not be in the sea more this Swedish summer :(Do you have a picture of how your head looked

Have a feeling that the boat will not be in the sea more this Swedish summer :(
Do you have a picture of how your head looked out with your corroded problems?

Have a feeling that the boat will not be in the sea more this Swedish summer :(Do you have a picture of how your head looked

I didn't take any pictures. I'm sorry. From what I recall, the corrosion started near the water jacket on the exhaust side of the head. It tunneled into the #2 and #3 cylinder.

Back