Logo

hard start

mprabbithunter

I have a brand new 9.8, 4 stroke and just recently I was traveling on the lake and the fuel line came unhooked after running out of fuel, I tried to start the motor, but would not fire up, neither to say after about 15 mintues I pulled the plugs and both were dry. Finally after opening the throttle half way it fired up. after underway same thing happen after awhile seems the other end came off, seems my foot hit it, same problem what a mess, I cranked and pulled and pulled. It stared after a very long time , I thought it had may been flooded, plugs were dry. I have seen recommendation were you should run the gas out of them if sitting for more than 2 weeks. Is it ok to use non ethanyoy gas in these motors. Talk to dealership mech how to start after run out they not any help . any help getting started could use

I have a brand new 9.8, 4 stroke and just recently I was traveling on the lake and the fuel line came unhooked after running out of fuel, I tried to start the motor, but would not fire up, neither to say after about 15 mintues I pulled the plugs and both were dry. Finally after opening the throttle half way it fired up. after underway same thing happen after awhile seems the other end came off, seems my foot hit it, same problem what a mess, I cranked and pulled and pulled. It stared after a very long time , I thought it had may been flooded, plugs were dry. I have seen recommendation were you should run the gas out of them if sitting for more than 2 weeks. Is it ok to use non ethanyoy gas in these motors. Talk to dealership mech how to start after run out they not any help . any help getting started could use

It is carbed

There is no way the fuel line "came unhooked" if it was connected properly to begin with. Yes, you must open the throttle a little when warm starting to get enough air. Yes, non-ethanol fuel is preferred. Yes, always run the carb dry at the end of the day.

There is no way the fuel line "came unhooked" if it was connected properly to begin with. Yes, you must open the throttle a little when warm starting to get enough air. Yes, non-ethanol fuel is preferred. Yes, always run the carb dry at the end of the day.

In the future I will check all lines to make sure properly secured, and run the engine to completely dry and use non- ethanol fuel, Later today I will test the engine on a starting up after it runs out of fuel, no fun sitting in middle of lake trying to start, All was operator fault and thanks for the answers so much

Back