Logo

F150 overheating after all replaced

hcoover

History 2006 Polar 2300cc w/ twin F150s sold new 2010, I bought in 2013 with 10 hrs on motors. AT 20 hours local dealer winterized replaced both balancers under warranty changed oil and at my request replaced water pumps as they were 7years old. Now has 42 hours and suddenly starboard overtemp alarm. Checked and starboard 203F and port 195F. Idled home, check water intakes all fine. Installed water pressure sensors and starboard was less than half of port. drive shafts could not be turned by hand pump casing warped and binding on shaft. complete rebuild and shafts turn vey nicely. Water pump casings had partially melted blocking some of the output ports. replaced thermostats and bypass valves. water jacket looked very clean. I think previous own had run dry and dealer just put in new impeller. Now 1.5ps at idle and 16-18psi at speed. but 1 mile run at 4000rpm produces 198f o starboard and 195f on port. thermostats are 140f. since everything has been replaced and both having problems still any ideas

Back