Logo

Understanding horn beeps

rkammer

Mercury OptiMax 150 Pro SX, 2014 serial number 2B012403

When cranking up to head home from the lake Saturday, I was about to get up on plane when I got 6 warning horns from the 150 Pro XS. (2014) The motor lost power so I took it back to idle and waited a minute and tried it again. This time it want up on plane fine and was OK all the way back to the ramp. I've researched the warnings and know what two horns means and 4 horns but, 6? Anyone know.

My first thought was possibly the under-cowl oil tank was empty so, when I got back, I checked the remote tank in the boat and it was about 3/4 full. I removed the cowl and couldn't tell whether the internal tank was empty or just full. It looked like there was fluid in the tank (it kind of looked darker than the external plastic of the tank) but shaking the boat didn't reveal what the level was. So, it was either totally empty or so full the level wouldn't change when I shook it.

In the event the internal tank is empty, what is the procedure for getting oil into it from the remote tank? Thanks for the help.

Back