Logo

2000 15 hp 4 stroke carb issue

Rich2

This has a issue that it throws gas out the top of the carb ? Starts then rpms drop out in about 5 sec's ? Gas flows out of top cover opening on the engine side?

Last edited:
Sorry, may be misleading. This is a Mercury 4 stroke. The carb is in question. There is a top cover on the carb held with 2 small bolts, this is where the gas comes out from under of. I some times hear a click then the fuel escapes from under this cover.
Thanks for any ideas to help fix my issue
Rich2

Sorry, may be misleading. This is a Mercury 4 stroke. The carb is in question. There is a top cover on the carb held with 2 small bolts, this is where the gas comes out from under of. I some times hear a click then the fuel escapes from under this cover.
Thanks for any ideas to help fix my issue
Rich2
The serial # is OT138350

This has an issue that it throws gas out the top of the carb ? Starts then rpms drop out in about 5 sec's ? Gas flows out of top cover opening on the engine side? Sorry, may be misleading. This is a Mercury 4 stroke. The carb is in question. There is a top cover on the carb held with 2 small bolts, this is where the gas comes out from under of. I some times hear a click then the fuel escapes from under this cover.
Thanks for any ideas to help fix my issue. The serial # is OT138350
Rich2

Back