Logo

sOld 40 Tracker Pro Series 5-speed function issue

Don5946

Hi, I am new to this forum and I would first like to thank you for being here. I feel there is hope to solve a minor issue with the speed control system on an Old 40 Tracker Pro Series, which is a 5-speed. I just bought it, but it came without a manual, and the web does not give up its secrets on these older models. It is an electrical problem I hope to fix that will also MAYBE cure another concern I have with it.

Here is what it is doing instead of what it should be doing. It currently has 3 speeds instead of 5.

Speeds 1 and 2 are identical. I am hoping it is running in 2nd speed RPM in 1st because it seems awful fast for 1st speed. I hope a fix will result in 1st gear being much slower.

Speed 3 is faster than 2, as it should be.

Speeds 4 and 5 are identical, and faster than 3, as they should be.

I'm hoping the selector switch is the problem and it is available online. So far I haven't been able to find any information regarding an electrical diagram or parts diagram.

Any educated thoughts are greatly appreciated, and thanks again for being here!:)

AND Happy 4th of July!

you have two threads going on this..delete this one..

I tried to find out how to delete this one once I realized I had 2. I did not see any delete option but then I am new to this forum. Thank you for any suggestions to help resolve my mistake.

Don

Back