Logo

1978 115 hp need carburetor help

Carpcop

I have a 1978 115 hp Chrysler with 2 Tillotson TC 6A carburetors. I got new floats that was shown for the motor model but they are different and now fuel blows out the small hole on the left side of the carburetor as you face the intake. It appears like the float is not closing the needle valve on it. Any help?

If possible put the old stuff back in?

Some aftermarket stuff is JUNK.
Is it the white plastic with no way to adjust it?

Or did you adjust the float?

Yes it was the plastic float with no way to adjust. I am planning on putting the old ones back in. Thanks for the response.

I don't know who thought that the white floats were worth selling but they were WAY wrong.

You still have the package?
Can you send me the info on who made it and where you bought it?? TY

It is a Quicksilver part with part number 891730A01 and I bought them at Marineengine.com. I had talked to them and this was the only part they showed for them. I would like to see if I can find 2 original ones with the adjustable metal tabs so I have extra on hand. I am going to put the original ones back in. On the carburetors on this motor the valve seat is not replaceable so and new needle valve is also all metal with no rubber tip to it also. I would also like to find original needle valves. The ones that come in the kit are all metal.

E-bay and ask the guys selling to show what's in the kits.
Usually the floats last a lifetime.
Unless your running a lot of water:)

Back