Logo

1989 stratos overheated, milky oil . Need some suggestions

Cemeren

Hello everybody i need some advise :) i have an omc cobra 5.7 with ford 302 and 4 barrel holley carb.i put a new deck and engine bed , new coupler etc.. it was running great for a month. Couple weeks ago i got stuck in a swamp in lovely lake wausau wi . It overheated so i brought it home. So looks like blew the headgasket . Milky oil and over heating. Raw water impeller is working and in good condition i removed the oil cleaned the valves. Check the water flow thru water intake by thermostat. Engine was running not rough or anything. Here is the compression test results.
Cyl 1 110
Cyl 2 120
Cyl 3 120
Cyl 4 109
Cyl 5 115
Cyl 6 119
Cyl 7 120
Cyl 8 121
Not sure what caused to overheat to blow the head gasket. Or maybe the manifolds and risers are the problem . Would a craked block or bad head gasket could give this comp. Test results What do you guys think ?

#4 and #1 a bit low but it seems all good otherwise. Prolly not a HG. Need more info. You overheated when the impeller cavitated when you were aground.
Fords are awfully forgiving of an overheat, so look for cracked head, or intake mani.

Back