Logo

1967 johnson v4 2 stroke carb help?

jeffreyboring

just got a 1968 Johnson caprice with 90hp v4 2 stroke DU-14DR. after cleaning carb "massive rust"...a single inline 4 horizontal with long plastic bar on top with rich/lean adjustment? it also attaches to belt driven distributor.
Bowls fill with fuel but none to motor. pour fuel into intake runs great. not sure where needle jets or adjustments are on this model. any help would be greatly appreciated.

I recommend that you post this on the johnson/Evinrude forum. Go to top left of this page, click on "Forum Home", then scroll down to the Johnson/Evinrude forum and start a new post there.

On the bottom of the carb are two plugs inside are the high speed jets. Grind a wider screwdriver down to just barely fit the inside threads the jets are in there real tight. Pull the jets and clean them with a soft copper wire. Pull the soft plugs and soak the carb good with carb cleaner and spray all the circuits with high pressure water and blow dry with high pressure air. Install new soft plugs and float needle and seat. The carb must be rebuilt if you dont your chances of burning up the motor running lean is real high.

thank you very much. I have re-built entire carb...still no change. it's all at factory settings except for new jets that I can not find. old ones look good but probably aren't.

Back