Logo

Crusader 454 runing hottransmission overheating

sinedz

" I have two 1998 crusader 454

" I have two 1998 crusader 454's 121 hrs. ea. One runs at 190 degrees after redoing impeller, water pump, trans cooler, and checking hoses, new thermostat. What should I chase down next. the other runs a nice 160 deg. The transmission is overheating. Any thoughts. "

" If you have checked to make

" If you have checked to make sure the oil cooler has not picked up garbage and is flowing ok look to the Fresh water heat exchanger. You can with Crusaders take the end plates off and clean and flush. I have had problems with the zincs also, both in the oil cooler or the heat exchanger, when they sacrifice them selves some large pieces break off and clogg the cooling tubes. A quick check of cloggage is to watch the hose from the oil cooler to the heat exchanger while you quickly race the engine. If the hose moves and swells when you pop the throttle- heat exchanger back pressure, if you look at the hose from the raw water pump to the oil cooler and this swells but not the hose to the heat exchanger oil; cooler may be clogged. "

Back