Logo

How to remove throttle cable on a BF75A?!

watrworld

Stupid question...but not obvious to me, I am stumped.

So, I need to clean my carburators.

I am following the steps in the Service Repair Manual.

Step 3 says, Remove throttle cable, cam side...Do I have to take apart the whole throttle aparatus? I dont see how to remove those 2 cables.

I am attaching the pages that I am talking about.

Thanks for the help

Attachments

• Honda-Outboard-BF75A-Throttle.pdf
    96.3 KB · Views: 58
Do not take the entire mechanism apart. Just loosen the small nuts holding the throttle cables in the bracket. Then work them out of the retainer.

When you put it all back together, follow the instructions and measurements for set up on p16-3 and p 3-13, as mentioned on that instruction page.

Mike

Do not take the entire mechanism apart. Just loosen the small nuts holding the throttle cables in the bracket. Then work them out of the retainer.

When you put it all back together, follow the instructions and measurements for set up on p16-3 and p 3-13, as mentioned on that instruction page.

Mike

Thanks Mike...got it.

Now to drain the carbs

5) To drain, connect a tube to the drain spout on each carburetor float bowl, and loosen each drain screw.

I found the details in the owners manual, but picture is terribly vague.DrainCarb.jpgCarbScrew_Drain.jpg

Guess I need the Dummy guide! Can you tell, I have never done this? Someone told me to simply follow the instructions in service manual!

Just loosen that screw in your picture and gas will flow out of that little metal spout just behind the screw. Do this to each carb. If there is a lot of crud in there the spout might be clogged, just remove the screw completely and they will drain out the screw hole.

It sounds like you are the perfect candidate for the Honda Carburetor Manual. If you are having issues with these steps, you are going to have real issues making sure that you have the idle and transitional passages cleared. The carb manual has great pictures and a complete step by step especially for the BF75/90.

The Service Manual tells you how to take apart but not how to clean them.

Trust me, it will have more answers than you have questions. https://www.amazon.com/Honda-Marine...TF8&qid=1466558702&sr=1-1&keywords=carburetor

Mike

It sounds like you are the perfect candidate for the Honda Carburetor Manual. If you are having issues with these steps, you are going to have real issues making sure that you have the idle and transitional passages cleared. The carb manual has great pictures and a complete step by step especially for the BF75/90.

The Service Manual tells you how to take apart but not how to clean them.

Trust me, it will have more answers than you have questions. https://www.amazon.com/Honda-Marine...TF8&qid=1466558702&sr=1-1&keywords=carburetor

Mike

Awesome, I will get the manual....thanks Mike!

EDIT: found chapter 7 online...is that enough? I am still looking for a full pdf version to buy...hardcopy will take a couple days to arrive.

So I managed to removed the full unit. Next is dis-assembly of the carburetors.

One thing I noticed it said to disconnect the 2 tubes from water check grommet.

I only found one tube going from the bottom of the "Silencer cover" and it was just laying to the bottom...probably slipped out in some way.

But where is the other? Where should it be from/to?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back