Logo

Spider cracks in deck gel coat???

LX Kid

Regular Contributor
I guess the sun and age of my '82 Grady-White has taken a toll on the deck. I'm noticing a lot of spider cracks all over the deck. I thinking I should use a coating that will cover and seal these cracks. Two possible coatings come to mind. One is the traditional deck paint and the other is an automotive coating called Rhino Guard or other similar coating. Anyone have ideas for my deck?

20160618_080915_zps9mjgatwf.jpg

20160618_081007_zpsyrqn8nco.jpg

20160618_081113_zpsfyedccvn.jpg

Last edited:
I'm starting to lean towards "Evercoats", Skid-No-More rubberized coating. It also gives me the ability to tint the color somewhat. Going to look on the web to see if there are any project finished pics.

I put the skid no more on my new deck repair and it works just fine. It is basically a good acrylic latex base paint with grit in it. Rough up the surface with coarse paper and try a test spot and before the paint fully cures you can coat it with any color you like. Use a high quality acrylic latex paint for the top coat it is rather spendy but holds up well to the elements.

I'm starting to lean towards "Evercoats", Skid-No-More rubberized coating. It also gives me the ability to tint the color somewhat. Going to look on the web to see if there are any project finished pics.

Just read a review where someone had a gasoline spill on the deck and it didn't fair so well. Anyone had a similar with this product?

Back